Johnny Appleseed Day is coming up and if you're looking for some great apple themed activities, check out these awesome ideas from Michelle over at Apples and ABC's!
1. Apple Labeling Craftivity. Your little scientists will have a great time assembling this adorable construction paper apple and labeling all of the parts - stem, skin, flesh, and seeds!
2. Apple Tasting. Red, yellow, and green - have your kiddos use their sense of taste to determine which color of apple is their favorite and graph the results! [Variation: You could also have your kiddos taste apples prepared in different ways - applesauce, apple cider, pie, etc. - for a similar activity.]
3. Apple Printing. A super simple, yet fun crafting experience, have students try their hand at apple printing. Great for discussing cause and effect, experiment with the prints by cutting the apples in a variety of different ways.
4. Apple Predictions. Another great activity for your little scientists, have them check out an apple and apple seeds and predict whether they'll sink or float! Record your students' predictions then experiment to see what happens!
5. Johnny Appleseed Writing Craftivity. Super cute, right!? Michelle found the adorable craft over a A Cupcake for the Teacher and tailored the writing prompt to provide her kiddos with sight word practice!
6. Apple Literacy Center. Great for letter recognition, ordering, and upper/lower case recognition, have students work together to put the upper case apple letters in order, then finding the matching lower case apple letter!
Lots of great stuff, right!? Be sure to visit Apples and ABC's for these and lots of other great lesson ideas!