Mary Ann Mulroe, librarian at Heritage Middle School in Lansing, IL recently submitted several fantastic bulletin board designs - this one included - that would add a touch of color and thematic fun to your classroom this spring and summer! We love the 3D flowers, the gorgeous colors, and the simplicity of the design that will allow it to be tailored to fit your classroom needs!
We love the reading theme, but you could also try one of the following ideas...
- Give your classroom helpers board a spring 'face-lift' using the tissue paper flowers and construction paper flower cutouts - "Bloomin' Good Helpers!"
- Use the design as a review board, inviting your kiddos to add a colored flower cutout featuring an interesting fact or concept each day - "Minds in Bloom!"
- Pair the design with a science theme, scripting different signs of spring onto flower cutouts and placing them among the 3D tissue paper flowers - "Spring is in Bloom!"
These are just a few ideas - with a little thought, we know you'll be able to tailor this cutesy design to fit your needs!
Bloomin' Good Books Bulletin Board Idea
- Background: Aqua bulletin board paper.
- Title: "Bloomin' Good Books!" - or another title that fits your needs.
- Border: Complimentary solid color border.
- Decoration:1) The Tissue Paper Flowers. There are SO many tutorials for tissue paper flowers! Here are a few posts we think might be worth checking out...
2) The Cutouts. Mary Ann created book cutouts from white card stock, adding pictures/book covers of year's Rebecca Caudill Award nominees. You might use the same idea for a reading theme, or perhaps use colorful flower cutouts created from card stock in assorted colors to go with the garden/growth theme depending on your intended use!